Copying questions and handling of container
I tested, how a container for interviewer instructions behaves by copying a set of questions. As I understood Oli, the container in a copied question should be separated from the original container. Despite of what Oli told me, how a container would behave, it looks like that a container stays the same, if you copy a question with container in a different questionnaire, study or study-group.
- the original questions are from GLES RCS, study "How can you ask for age?", questions NW003, NW166 and NW004. The common container is interviewer instruction Ephraims Anweisung.
- I copied the questions into study GLES RCS, study "Another test study".
- there I changed the instruction. Result: it was not only changed in the copied instructions but also in the original questions.
- next step: I copied the questions into studygroup GLES, study "Nachwahl-Querschnitt (GLES 2009)", questionnaire "Christkindle".
- there I changed the instruction again. Result: it is the same container in all three questionnaires and in every questions, the instruction is changed.
- I deleted the questions from the list and put the same questions from the third questionnaire again on the list.
- I copied them in the second study and changed the instruction again.
- now it is changed in every version, every studygroup, every study and every questionnaire
As I understand this, it is the same container which is linked to every original and copied question. There is no separation between the container of studygroups, studies and/or questionnaires.